Make Punjabi Potato Dumpling(Aloo Wadi) in simple steps. Punjabi wadis originated in Punjab but now are popular all over India
For English name of Indian Spices, Herbs, Condiments-> See Here
- Sun dried Black gram lentils dumpling
- Onion chopped
- Ginger chopped
- Tomato puree
- Turmeric powder
- Red chilli powder
- Coriander powder
- Cumin powder
- Garam masala powder
- Salt to taste.
- Coriander leaves
- Break the wadi into small pieces.
- Peel and chop the potato in square shape.
- Grind onion and ginger in smooth paste.
- Prepare tomato puree and keep aside.
- Now heat the oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add cumin seeds, onion ginger paste and saute for few minutes.
- Add crushed wadi in it. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour some water.
- Whenever the mixture turns s little dry, add the tomato puree and mix well continuously.
- Add all dry spices and potatoes . Fry for a minute till the oil oozes out.
- Add one cup water and cover with lid.
- Now wait for two whistles to open the lid.
- Sprinkle the garam masala and coriander leaves for garnishing.
High quality pics here